Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Creed Fleurs de Gardenia Review

I've always been kind of a sucker for gardenia perfumes ever since I smelled Bath and Body Works Gardenia Lily. After really getting into the world of perfume, I always wondered why they didn't really smell like Gardenia Lily. Then after trying out Fracas, I knew why most gardenia perfumes didn't smell like Gardenia Lily. It's Bath and Body Works, not Chanel or Guerlain. Bath and Body Works has always been relatively inexpensive. And it's the tuberose that gets me every time. Even on the best of times, tuberose is overwhelming for me.

I had gotten a fairly large decant of Creed's Fleurs de Gardenia from Surrender to Chance. This is not the gardenia scent loaded down with tuberose that I pretty much have become accustomed to. It's not really a gardenia themed perfume. I get the watery bit like the Gardenia Lily but I get Vera Wang for her (or is it Sheer Veil?) mostly. Watery normally doesn't bother me too much when it isn't overwhelming and Fleurs de Gardenia isn't overwhelming in the watery bit. Fleurs de Gardenia really isn't about the gardenia. Yes, the gardenia part is somewhat prominent but mostly hides behind the other flowers and peeks out. Maybe in high school all the way up to 5 years ago, this would have been the 2 or 3 perfume bottles on my dresser and I would have loved it. In the 5 years of experimenting, I no longer really crave smelling like a straight up flower bed. I do like it because I'm not constantly slapped in the face with tuberose and it is pleasant enough. But it doesn't fit me like it would have 5 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment