Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chanel Coco Noir EDP Review

Whenever I get a new bottle of perfume that comes with perfume samples, I'm kind of honor bound to try the perfume sample. That's only if it's a perfume I have never smelled before. So when I got a sample of Coco Noir, I had to give it a go.

I had blogged previously about my dislike of flankers and Coco Noir is no different. I used to somewhat like Coco Mademoiselle and wore it often. Coco Mademoiselle was my first Chanel and I think that I did wear it when it first was released or shortly thereafter. This was before I wore perfume on a regular basis and had no knowledge of perfume. Why am I mentioning Coco Mademoiselle? Because Coco Noir is almost exactly like Mademoiselle and I'm not kidding. When I first sprayed Noir, it smelled really familiar and I couldn't figure out why. Then it hit me, Noir is the little sister of Mademoiselle. I find Noir to be a little more toned down than Mademoiselle and maybe a little more fruity.

Even though Coco Mademoiselle and Coco Noir last quite a long time on skin, I'm not sure that I even like these perfumes. Hell, I don't think I ever really cared much for Mademoiselle, I think I was more into the idea of having a Chanel bottle sitting on my dresser and how it actually smelled. I think with both Noir and Mademoiselle, the patchouli it the culprit on why I'm not enamoured with these two and that there is no similarity between them and the original Coco.

No comments:

Post a Comment