Sunday, September 24, 2023

Fall Has Arrived

According to the calendar,summer is over and now it is fall in the Northern Hemisphere. That means that I have to start rotating out some of my summer stuff and adding some of my fall stuff. With cooler temps, the days getting shorter and leaves changing colors, summer friendly perfumes don't cut it. But it's not cold enough to pull out my winter perfumes. 

I want things that are a little more substantial but not too substantial. I am looking for some kind of transition between seasons. I don't have a whole lot in terms of transitional perfumes and I am not seeking more of them. My collection is large enough as it is. Well, I'm not really seeking out a whole lot in terms of perfume right now. I'm still trying to see if I can actually finish a full bottle or two before year's end.

I find that a good many Tauer offerings are great for fall. Au Couer du Desert and L'Air du Desert do come to mind for fall, along with Lonestar Memories. I find that Shalimar and Memoir are great for the fall as well. The original Chanel Coco is probably going to be pulled out of storage a little later. I find the original Coco more of a later fall, early winter type of perfume.

I've just pulled out my massive bottle of Cuir de Russie. After years of not really wearing too much of it, it's time that I started wearing it a little more. When I first fell down the rabbit hole, Chanel's Cuir de Russie was my first purchase. At that time, there wasn't a huge Les Exclusifs line and the bottles only came in a 200ml bottle. When the Les Exclusifs line was only in EDT form and it was $200 for 200ml. Looking at the whole line again, I am amazed about how expensive perfume has gotten in the past 10-15 years. I'm just amazed about how many big perfume names now have an exclusive line and some of the prices of those things. But while I am at it, I should think about pulling out that bottle of Sycomore and start wearing that as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment