Sunday, August 16, 2026

Coco Mademoiselle Crush Absolu

Chanel is coming out with a new flanker and I am not so sure what to think about it. As a general rule, I am not a huge fan of flankers. Once in a while, the flankers can be just as good, if not better than the original. Let's take Shalimar, for example. Back when I was new to being a perfume nerd, Guerlain did back to back Shalimar flankers. The two Ode a la Vanille and Parfum Initial. I did sample both the Ode a la Vanilles but was only able to procure the Mexican and not Madagascar one, even though I preferred the Madagascar. Now both the Ode a la Vanille versions have long been discontinued and kicking myself for not trying a little harder to find a bottle of the Madagascar one. I was a little late to the Initial and by that time that was discontinued but I think they did bring that back with another name. Eventually, I will get a bottle of the Initial but that isn't high on the list of priorities since I don't have fuck you money to spend.

Another person that has jumped on the bandwagon, at least a little bit is Andy Tauer. He's just recently came out with L'Air du Desert Morccain Noir. And I was a little surprised but a little excited to try it. I have a sample and still haven't managed to really give it a go and this is a flanker of a flanker. And I honestly should get moving on that. But that is not what I am talking about right now. I am talking about Chanel coming out with another flanker.

This flanker's name is Coco Mademoiselle Crush Absolu. Chanel has made flankers for no 5 and for no 19 and I ended up liking only Eau Premiere. Now they are really starting to do all kinds of flankers for Coco Mademoiselle. I did rea!My like the intense version and nabbed a bottle when Sephora was having a sale. I haven't even tested the lighter version of Mademoiselle. When you don't drive and live in a rural area, sniffing new releases isn't a thing. So far, Sephora just has it on their website but not up for sale just yet. From what I am seeing thus far on Fragrantica, I keep seeing people saying that it reminds them of Prada Paradox but there seem to be a lot of mixed reviews.

What makes me hesitant about even trying to find a sample and giving it a go, is that I am still salty about Chanel making the extrait version of no 5 way out of my price range. There was a time where I was thinking of getting the extrait of Coco Mademoiselle but didn't get the chance to nab a bottle before they took the smaller bottles of extrait off the market. I should have stocked up when I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment