Sunday, September 7, 2014

Back Up Bottles

Sometimes I love just random thoughts that can just pop into my head and this current random thought is back up bottles of perfume. It came into the question of can ordering back up bottles of any perfume be fun? To me, the answer is yes and no.

Take the recent rumor that Chanel no 5 was going to have to be reformulated due to materials either being banned or used in minuscule amounts caused me to panic. That's when I had ordered the largest sized back up bottles of the EDT and EDP. Or when I find out that Fendi does have the tendency to discontinue perfumes after a couple years, I went on the hunt to get two bottles of Theorema. But this was also a time when I was scouting E-bay for bottles of reasonably priced bottles of Deneuve and vintage Shalimar. Or when I panicked when I heard that Nuda was going to be discontinued, I had bought that second bottle.

In my mind, getting the second bottle of any perfume can be fun. Especially when it's ordered online and you anxiously wait for the package, hoping that the bottle isn't broken. But when the 3rd bottle is ordered or you went into the store and got it, it's pretty much like running in to the grocery store for milk, eggs and bread. That's what it was like when I had chickened out with getting my 3rd bottle (2nd back up) of Mitsouko and not chose L'Heure Bleue. I don't know why that happened but I probably was worried about the 1st couple weeks of wearing L'Heure Bleue a lot I would be very sick of it and wished I had just gotten a large decant.

Sometimes I do think that I should stop at maybe 1 bottle of any given scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment