Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lolita Lempicka for Her EDP Review

Since yesterday was Valentine's Day, I was looking for something fun and a little foody to wear to work yesterday. My eyes were going back and forth between L'Heure Bleue and the original Lolita Lempicka perfume. I chose Lolita Lempicka because it was more fun and a little more foody that L'Heure Bleue. People have said that it's a more toned down version on Angel but I never have consciously smelled Angel, so I wouldn't know but I can make the association between L'Heure Bleue and Lolita Lempicka.

I had initially drained a mini of Lolita Lempicka and did like it but couldn't quite smell a whole hell of a lot because the mini didn't spray to give a reading. Enter Beauty Encounter and the perpetual sales allowed me to get a spray bottle for dirt cheap. Not like it was expensive before but the pricing on Beauty Encounter was better than Fragrance Net that day. Lolita Lempicka is more edible smelling than L'Heure Bleue and smells a little more like it's price point but I do find the LL is a little more wearable than L'Heure Bleue. It's hard to find a situation to be wearing L'Heure Bleue due to the huge powder note but LL is a little more on the universal side of wear. I really do love Lolita Lempicka because it is different but not drastically so. Because it's sweeter and not as powdery.

But I do have to talk about the bottle though. I have always had spray perfumes where you had to take off the cap to spray but I was thrown for a loop with this one. The bottle, as in the picture, is in the shape of an apple and the stem is the spray part and I'm not used to a perfume where I don't have to pull off a cap to spray. I remember in reading the Guide, one of the authors had said that one of the Lolita Lempicka offerings bottle looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie and this one looks like it would be out of Tim Burton's Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and not out of his Sleepy Hollow or Sweeney Todd. I do think that the bottle is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment