Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Nail Polish

I had so many ideas on what to blog about but my mind kept going back to nail polish. Probably because I didn't have a thing to say about perfume today.

With my nails, I have always gone through always having them polished or not having them polished. But there was that time that I did have gel nails. But having gel nails only lasted 6 months because it was time consuming and expensive. So after that, I left my nails alone for a while. But I do have my favorite colors and brands.

OPI at the end of the day, has to be my favorite brand hands down. It seems to be the best bang for my buck at the end of the day. I've tried many different lines and colors and many of them seem to pale in comparison to OPI. With OPI, more often or not, I can get away with one coat of nail polish and maybe a top coat (if I remember)
and I am good to go for about a week and a half. OPI always seems to have the greatest names for their nail polishes. My ultimate favorite line or collection from OPI has got to be the Russian Collection and the German Collection is a close second. But my three favorites from OPI are An Affair in Red Square, Don't Pretzel My Buttons and Do You Lilac It?

At this time. I am testing out the Essie line and I am finding it wanting. I can't remember the red that I tried for the wedding that I had to go to in Texas but it wasn't pretty. For starters, I've never been a fan of the type of red that has pink under or overtones and it was that way. One coast of this red wasn't enough, it was streaky and I didn't have enough time to do a second coat. It caught me by surprise that a red would be streaky because I have never had that issue with a red before. I would have expected that with a pale shade of nail polish and not with a red or a dark color. Then a three days ago, I tried Essie's Lilacism. And lo and behold, it was streaky and took my three coats to make it look nice as opposed to the red. It is a nice shade of lilac but I prefer OPI's Do You Lilac It? Just due to the fact that I'm not one to enjoy a super pale nail polish. I have noticed with the Essie nail polish is that even after three coats, the nail polish is peeling off. I probably will not be getting any more of the Essie line. For the price tag, I do expect a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment