Monday, February 26, 2018

Prowling E-Bay

On Thursday night, the microwave at my house finally gave up the ghost. The thing was dying a slow death for a couple months. It wasn't heating up food all the way and every time that you opened the door, the turn table thing would start turning and it would behave as though it was heating something up. It's funny how dependant you become on a microwave, until they die and you must get a new one. When you don't have one that means that you have no real way of quickly thawing something out, no way to heat up any kind of leftovers, no nothing. I don't have any safe plates to put in the oven to heat up leftovers and a frozen dinner takes forever in the oven. But yesterday, there was a new microwave in the house and now everyone is happy over the fact. But nobody wants to hear about a dead microwave.

I try not to make a huge habit of prowling E-bay. Even though great deals can be found on vintage perfume or the discontinued, it can get expensive when it becomes a habit. When I did make it a pretty regular habit, I spent more than I really should have and more bottles than I really need. But I did find a way around being not so regular on E-Bay. I limited myself to about 3 vintage perfumes and E-Bay e-mails me when people put up new bottles. Then I take a look to see how good those deals are. It's still a little tough not to go looking every couple days but it's working out. But sometimes I go looking for other stuff and do score. The Shiseido version of Feminite du Bois is one of those fabled perfumes that doesn't come up too often and when it does, it's uber expensive and this time I did luck out on a spray bottle that's mostly full. I am just hoping that it hasn't gone off since I enjoy the Serge Lutens version and I do have a small decant of the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment