Friday, June 21, 2019

That Time of Year

I know that it is halfway through June and it's already started. Articles about Amazon Prime Day. I hate it when the news channels online start up on it almost a month before it even happens. Then a couple weeks later, the TV news channels start talking about it. After a while, I get sick of it.

I have been a fan of Amazon ever since the beginning. After a while, some of that changed. Amazon Prime was freaking awesome when it was launched and it was fairly cheap too. Then the price hikes for Prime started happening and then I wasn't exactly a fan. And I became a sporadic Prime user. When Prime would offer me a month free, I would take it and usually I used it around Thanksgiving and Christmas, when I needed it the most. Three months of Prime was okay for a while. I was the only one in my house that had an Amazon account and I was the only one using Prime, so having Prime wasn't really worth it. Then my mother got a Kindle and her own Amazon account and things changed and I added her to my Prime account and then Prime became worth it again. But if the price of Prime goes up again, I probably won't be renewing, in spite of all of the benefits.

Right now, Amazon Prime Day will be coming up some time soon in July and I am thinking that it will be sometime in the next two or three weeks. Right now, I have a little bit of money on my Amazon account and I am thinking of ordering a Fire Stick for the TV that we have and since we have Direct TV already I hope it isn't a bust. That is hoping that Prime Day has some special pricing for a Fire Stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment