Sunday, July 28, 2019

Can't Think of Anything

Amazon Prime day has come and gone. Ever since I have been a Prime member, a week before Prime day, I am anticipating what kind of deals. Sometimes, I don't find anything that I'd like but the past couple years have been a little different. Last year, I had gotten my dad a Kindle and he has been loving it and has been watching a few of the Prime shows and doing other things. This year, I had bought him a Fire Stick for the TV and then he can watch Prime shows and movies on the TV.

But every time Prime day passes, it almost seems like a big letdown, kind of like Christmas. All this preparation, money spent and waiting for everything to come. After that, the anticipation is gone. But I am still making an effort to finish up my dad's birthday gift. I still have about 3 days to do it and I'd rather get it done sooner rather than later so I don't have it hanging over my head.

 For at least a couple years, I haven't done much in the way of perfume buying. I've cut back on the decants, E-Bay prowls and full bottle buying in general. I still dig buying perfume but priorities had to change. I've had to limit to when I could buy full bottles and decants. The decant part, I had to shift into STC and TPC 15% off or more sales and the full bottle buying to my birthday or tax time. Yesterday, I did break down and did buy a bottle of Kiehl's Original Musk Blend no 1. I had a $5 off coupon (from Ulta), free shipping over $35 and a $15 gift card that was burning a whole in my pocket. Original Musk Blend no 1 was cheap enough to buy without those things but with those things, the price became too good to refuse. Cost has become a huge factor in the full bottle buying. I can't exactly go buy tons of full bottles but I can do it once or twice a year if I am very mindful of the cost. But I am happy that I was able to get an inexpensive bottle of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment