Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Chanel no 22 Vintage Extrait Review

It's time for me to get moving on a review of some sort. What seems like forever and a day, I have been bitching about Chanel. The prices seem to have gotten out of hand. I understand inflation and cost of materials but really, I am sure that the glass and the perfume itself costs next to nothing but to charge an arm and a leg and make certain lines unaffordable to quite a few people. I keep hoping that Chanel will either make their exclusive line in smaller sizes or have maybe a travel set for a few of them and have them priced reasonably would be a good thing. I could get behind spending $75 or $85 for a travel spray of Coromandel but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I think Chanel should consider it. They have travel sets for most of their lines, so why not?

I was kind of bored with my current line up. Recently, I have been wearing the shit out of LAADM and a couple others. So I looked through some things and found a little dabber decant of vintage no 22 extrait. I do have a sealed vintage bottle of no 22 in extrait form but can't quite get to it now and haven't even busted the seal open on it. I dabbed some on yesterday and said that it smelled almost exactly the same as the vintage EDT. For those of use who have been floating around the perfume world a while, you know that the current EDT of any Chanel is going to smell different than something that is 10 to 15 (or more) years ago. One becomes aware that all concentrations of any Chanel offering is going to smell different. After a few minutes, I did notice that the vintage extrait is smoother and a little less powdery than the vintage EDT. But was surprised me the most is the musk in vintage no 22. I don't ever recall smelling any kind of musk in the vintage EDT but I am going to have wear the vintage EDT to see. The musk was nice and gave no 22 a very small growl, I'm not fully sure that it quite fits. The musk in the vintage no 5 gives that vintage a nice growl without falling apart or making no 5 slutty. The lasting power of Chanel no 22 vintage extrait was about 7 hours which I liked. I don't ever think that I will ever come across another bottle of vintage no 22 for a reasonable price again.

No comments:

Post a Comment