Sunday, November 3, 2019

Holidays Starting Early

It wasn't even Halloween when retailers started putting out Christmas decorations. It seems like the Christmas season is starting earlier and earlier and we probably start seeing that stuff right after Easter.

What is bugging me the most is that I am seeing so many more promos, sales and many other things in my e-mail. I love a good deal as anyone else but I know that most of them are not very good deals. Even with the promos and sales, they are still out of my price range or the quality isn't there. I will admit to the fact that I have started my Christmas shopping early and started in the beginning of October.

I work in retail myself and I don't make huge amounts of money. I have bills like everyone else. A little bit here, a little bit there and that is if I have the breathing room. My gifts are nothing extravagant but I make sure they are nice gifts and something that someone might not buy for themselves. I also keep it to something that they can use. I have gotten plenty of gifts that I can't use or won't use. Nothing says you don't give much of a shit if you can't pay attention to what I like, dislike or where I shop the most. What's the point of getting me a Kohl's or a Bed, Bath and Beyond gift card that I will never use? I will say that I love getting gift cards as a gift and a couple of my friends prefer them as a gift. But I pay attention to what they like and where they shop the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment