Monday, January 6, 2020

It's the New Year

I know, I know, I am late with this post but I've been recovering from the holidays. The whole true insanity starts  two days before Christmas and doesn't really end until January 2nd. So now it's time for this blog's first post of the new year.

I had a nice but hectic holiday. Between work and family is was pretty hectic and I am glad that the holidays are over. Now it's the post holiday not working too much. When you work retail, this is when you really don't work too much. This is even true for food service but I am not complaining too badly yet. I will miss the extra $200 at the end of the month but it's the name of the game.

I know that I ought to be reviewing Andy Tauer's L'Air des Alpes but I wore that a few days ago and need to check it out again before I go reviewing it. For a while, I have been flirting with getting one of those Chanel mini travel sets. I kept putting it off and putting it off and then on Saturday, I finally pulled the trigger and got one. I could have gone for the larger sized ones but wasn't quite willing to do it. I also kept debating on if I should go with no 5 or Coco Mademoiselle but ultimately went with no 5. I really don't think that I would have worn Mademoiselle all that often.

With  getting that mini travel set, I started to think about my perfume journey in general. In the early years, I was getting a lot of full bottles but that did slow down when I went to decants before I bought full bottles. Three years ago, a few things happened that pretty much put an end to being able to get full bottles of anything. It's not exactly a bad thing but does kind of suck though. I am at this point, pretty lucky to get a new bottle of perfume twice a year. I might have a small to medium list of which ones are full bottle worthy but I must chose wisely on which one to get. The deal is that I only have the money for one. I am trying to decide now on how much I want to spend and which ones fit my budget and that is not always all that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment