Thursday, January 9, 2020

Less is More

My Chanel package has arrived today. You have no idea on how excited I was to tear into that package when it came. But the packaging seemed a little odd to me. The outer most looked a little too big. Funny thing is that the whole packaging was much too large for what I had ordered. The keepsake package that held my mini travel sprays was filled with mostly shredded tissue paper along with the receipt, return label and a cloth satchel with two samples. I couldn't help but think, "really?". I could understand some of this fancy packaging if I was ordering a gift for someone or I had made a larger purchase but not a mini travel set of no 5.

Thus far, for all the perfume that I have ordered and have had shipped to my house, none has had more unnecessary packaging than Chanel. I don't recall Luckyscent getting carried away, nor Andy Tauer. They came well packed with the appropriate sized boxes with minimal amounts of boxes and packing peanuts. Come on Chanel, the huge, fancy boxes can be used for the bigger bottles of perfume but make smaller fancy boxes for your smaller items. I also believe that maybe you should have a selection of the Les Exclusifs line samples instead of those makeup samples. I just found all of this a little excessive for what I had ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment