Sunday, August 22, 2021

Fall is Coming and Evaporation

So much of this year, especially this summer has been mostly spent in Chanel no 5, Coco Mademoiselle and Lyric. Today's perfume is Amouage Epic. Epic is more of a fall type of perfume to my nose for some reason. It just reminds me of fall.

Now that we are creeping into fall, it's time to begin breaking out the fall perfumes. I don't have a lot in the way of transition scents or ones for fall. The main one that I have is LADDM. 

I did notice that the perfume in the bottle evaporated a little more and I haven't been wearing it in quite a while. I took a look at the bottles that I have on my dresser and noticed that my Andy Tauer full bottles seem to evaporate much quicker than the others. I think that this is probably the main reason why I really don't have too many full bottles from Tauer Perfumes. I really think that it's the bottle design that is causing the whole problem with evaporation. Evaporation is the bane of my existence when it comes to perfume. I hate throwing out decants due to evaporation and had to do some of that last week with my unworn and not reviewed stuff and I need to do that again with that makeup bag to see if there are a few that I do need to pitch. So I guess this fall is going to be pretty heavy on LADDM and a couple other Tauer offerings and will probably have to push myself to just finish those bottles and not have to worry so much.

Let's talk candles at this point. I am still working on trying to whittle down my collection and it's been really slow going right now. It seems like as soon as I finished 8 of them, I replaced 6 of them. I'm about to finish up to more candles and will have them finished by tomorrow at the very latest. But I do think that I should lay off trying to use up the single wick candles and really attack the 3 wick candles. The 3 wick candles just take up so much damn space and I need the space. Do I need that space? Not at the moment but would like to have some kind of extra space if I do need some. What I am fighting against is that Bath and Body Works has released their Honeycrisp Apple and Apple Weather candles and then soon enough Winter and Evergreen will be released. I'm still torn on if I should burn to 3 wick candles at a time or just one 3 wick candle. I have no idea yet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment