Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Chanel no 5 Eau Premiere and Coco Mademoiselle EDT Review

When my parents were in California, I did spend tons of time in no 5 Eau Premiere and starting to look at a back up bottle or get the travel spray. Or I could go for an econosized bottle of Coco Mademoiselle Intense but haven't made up my mind. There is a little more room in my budget than I initially thought for adding something new in terms of perfume. 

I had forgotten to mention that when my parents were gone, I managed to finish almost 10 candles. My initial goal was at least 6 candles but I decided, fuck it, and burned more than 2 at a time. Since I am currently on vacation myself at the moment, I intend to try and finish at least 3 or 4 candles this week. Every candle that I use up is a small victory because that leaves me with more space and right now I need to free up some space. Now if I could finish up some decants and finish off a no 5 extrait bottle, I'd be even happier. The using things up and throwing things away is slow going but progress is being made because I am using up candles and getting rid of more clothes and not adding anymore of those.


My love for Coco Mademoiselle is pretty new. I know I loved it right when it came out but when it came out, every woman seemed to wear copious amounts of it and I could never really afford to keep a bottle in rotation. Then came the lotion on a new cut and I was really turned off to Coco Mademoiselle. Every good perfume nut seems to know that any Chanel fragrance can smell differently in various concentrations and I was kind of curious to see what the EDT version of Coco Mademoiselle was. What I found is that the EDT version was heavier on the citrus but a much less concentrated version of the EDP, I don't recall ever trying the extrait version, so I can't comment in that department. The biggest differences is that the EDT lasts nowhere near what I expect from a Chanel EDT. Chanel EDT's last quite a while on my perfume eating skin but not this one. At best, I get 4 or maybe 5 hours before it fades into nothingness. The lack of projection is something to be noted as well. The EDP has more of a presence than the EDT. I am happy that I didn't get a huge bottle of this due to the fact of lasting power and lack of projection. This would probably be great when it's 90 degrees out but want to wear Coco Mademoiselle.


No comments:

Post a Comment