Tuesday, September 14, 2021

It's Vacation Time...Again

 

So it's vacation time for me again. Since I punched out on Friday, I am been doing nothing but lounge around. I did a couple odd cleaning jobs but nothing truly major. I don't have anything planned even though tomorrow is my birthday. I just haven't had much motivation to do many things or plan things. It's the thought of doing some things at my own pace and not having to plan many things around my work schedule that excites me.

I had initially set a goal of using four candles but from what it looks like, I might get through two and might start a third before I have to head back to work. While I was poking around the internet, to see if there were people who did have large candle collections and there are. There was one interview/artical about someone who has around 500 candles. This woman always seems to have 4 or 5 going at once either at home or in her office. I'm the idiot who has trouble finishing one or two a week and I have around 70. I swear that I am trying but I think I've just have had enough of candles and will have to start using them 2 at a time. I might get a couple Winter (actual title) candles when Bath and Body Works has their candle day sale. But I have to find a way to use up or get rid of some candles to make space. I just need some damn space. I think that I have no other choice but to burn 2 at a time.

For the past few months, I seemed to have been buying quite a bit of perfume. It just seems like this past year has been the year for a flurry of perfume buying. I always seem to do the Now Smell This quarterly damage polls, even if I don't buy anything, I still participate. Mostly go to see what other people indulged in and that does give me some joy to know that there are other people that enjoy getting new bottles of stuff, even if it's a back up bottle of something that they love. And that brings me to my love of Chanel.

I do own and enjoy many Chanel products and a decent chunk of my collection is about Chanel. Yes, I still love my Amouage bottles, Andy Tauer offerings and Guerlain but I find Chanel to be a little more accessible when it comes to how easily I can get their products. Guerlain's new stuff might be easily accessible but not the older stuff. My style is not hiking all the way to an upscale place to get a bottle of Mitsouko or LBH. Chanel no 5 is something that I can kind of get anywhere and not go out of my way to get a bottle but Coromandel is a little different though.

If you are not by a proper Chanel boutique, Coromandel and the entire exclusive line is readily available, most of the time. I am going to have to admit to the fact that I impulsively bought the extrait version of Coromandel. Spending over $240 for a half an ounce of perfume is one of things that I'd never thought I'd do again but it will be quite a while before I can do anything like that again. I just can't keep going frivolously doing it and at this point, just don't really want to. I will admit that I did enjoy getting those bottles of perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment