Friday, February 11, 2022

Perfume Minis

 I am having a real hankering of going back to basics. Recently, I have been wearing tons of Estee Lauder Pleasures and Clinique Happy. Now I am starting to get a hankering for the original Vera Wang for her perfume. It's cheap enough on BeautyEncounter and Fragrancenet and I am flirting on if I should get a bottle but at this point, I am going to have to wait and see if I can finish a bottle or two of perfume before I go adding more shit. I am trying not to add anything more and it's not an easy thing to do. But I do wish that Sheer Veil wasn't discontinued and not a million Princess flankers.

Going back to basics in perfume isn't too bad. Maybe I don't want anything too demanding in terms of perfume. The pandemic has left me exhausted and with the stress related to grief, demanding perfumes are not what I want. I want perfumes that are a little more comforting and right now some of them are blasts from the pasts.

This is something that I really don't see very often anymore. There was a point in time where I would get myself perfume gift sets. I am talking probably late 90's early 2000's. I might not have had tons of cash then but when I would buy perfume, I would save every spare penny I could and get the gift set. I wanted the most bang for my buck. In those gift sets was a bottle of perfume and either the body lotion or soap but there would always be a little perfume mini in there. I always did enjoy the perfume minis. They were fun, cute and easily displayed. Problem with those is that most of the time is that they were dabbers and not sprays. So I couldn't really put them in my purse or book bag. At that time, travel sprays were not much of a thing. I would like to see minis make a comeback and preferably in spray form. Those 4ml spray minis were great because a regular travel sprayer can be a little too big and bulky. Sometimes just too much in general. Let's hope that the perfume gods will listen and bring back more perfume minis.


No comments:

Post a Comment