Monday, March 21, 2022

Being an Adult Sucks

I have spent most of my adult life as an irresponsible adult. Spending cash that I didn't have and have tried over the past couple years to become more responsible but time and time again, I failed. But it seems to be the year that I am cracking down on some things.

This is the year when I get serious about getting rid (paying off) these credit cards and buying a whole lot less shit. With that tax refund, I've taken care of 3 credit cards with small balances and half of another. This is the year when my Sephora credit card is going to stay at zero, along with Old Navy, Ulta and Victoria's Secret. I am not so interested in keeping the tiers that I have with those companies and I'm not so interested in points/cashback any more. I just want things paid off.

This is the year that I want to get going on getting a savings account and start saving some money. Cutting back on gifts will help with that along with cutting back on makeup, perfume and candles. I say that when I am going to be dropping some cash at Sephora when the spring sale hits. I've already budgeted the money in December so I think that I am okay right now. But I do worry about going over my budget and I seriously don't want to do that.

Later on in the year, I will be turning 40 and it's an over due thing to get my shit together. Get it together for a better credit score, less driving myself crazy trying to put out small fires month to month and just to have a better budget. Maybe next year, I can actually take a vacation and actually go somewhere instead  of sitting at home wondering on what I can do that it cheap or free.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment