Friday, March 10, 2023

Traveling and Perfume

 I am still struggling with the tail end of my sinus infection. The thing that's killing me right now is the whole post nasal drip thing. I will be finishing up the medication for it by tomorrow morning.

There is some good news on the financial front. I managed to get a hold of the state refund and just waiting on the whole federal refund to hit my bank account. I did some sensible things like paying my cell phone bill, grocery shopping and knocking down some of that Afterpay balance.

Sometime this year, I am making some plans to go to California to see some relatives. I don't know exactly when I will be going but I am going. I had to put a boundary down saying that I will not be staying a full week. More like 4 days. Travel is expensive and I don't exactly know what is going to happen in terms of finances but I am doing some saving to get it done.

Every time that I have traveled, I've never been too concerned with what I will be wearing in terms of clothes. I will check the weather forecast and be done with it. I am more interested in traveling with perfume. The last time I had to travel was to Texas for a wedding and that was 5 years ago. With the Texas travel and now going to California, I have to worry a little bit about what TSA would do. When I flew to Texas, I only took a bottle on no 19 edt and it wasn't an issue. When I went to Hawaii, I wasn't a perfume freak. As you can tell, I don't fly much or travel in general. I am debating on if I should take 1 or 2 bottles of perfume or 1 bottle of perfume and a travel spray. All the decants that I have gotten from STC and TPC are just going to have to stay home. What seems to be on the short list right now is Prada's Infusion d'Iris, Chanel no 5 and Shalimar. I don't want to take anything too edgy or strange nor do I want to take anything that would be too much, especially if it is going to be hot out there. I am leaning towards taking a bottle of Infusion d'Iris and a travel spray.

This time of year is the only time that I do spend some serious money on perfume. It's the time of year where I do have some discretionary spending money for perfume. I have spent some money on getting another back up bottle of Infusion d'Iris and a mini of Sundowner and Phi Une Rose de Kandahar and another back up bottle of Worth Courtesan. The prices were right up my alley and I think that I might hold off on another bottle of perfume. I haven't made any kind of definite decisions at this point. I just would like to have those packages come in and see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment