Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Nasomatto Narcotic V Review

I've never been the hugest fan of any kind of tuberose dominant perfume. The lone exception to that has been Andy Tauer Tuberose Sotto La Luna. There has always been something about tuberose that has always been too much. I don't mind any kind of skank in perfume and quite enjoy skank in perfume but most of the time, tuberose rubs me the wrong way.

For the longest while, I have been wanting to try out Nasomatto's Narcotic V. For some strange reason, I keep thinking that the narcotic part of the name is necrotic. Maybe because those two words are close. I bought Nasomatto Nuda blind and when I found out that Nuda was going to be discontinued, I snapped up a back up bottle. I do adore jasmine dominant perfumes but not so much when it comes to tuberose.

I blind bought a bottle of Narcotic V and blind buys are not a good idea when the price point is a little on the high side. But I figured for $185 for 30ml of extrait de parfum, the price tag wasn't that bad. So price points can be relative when it comes to concentration. When you consider the Chanel priced for extrait, Narcotic V is a bargain.

When I first put on Narcotic V, it's a massive blast of tuberose with crushed greens. After a few minutes, I get some hints of jasmine but the most dominant part is the tuberose. The tuberose isn't the tuberose of Fracas and Fracas is the queen of all tuberose perfumes. I had no illusions that Narcotic V was going to be anything but quiet. It's a louder perfume and would be migraine inducing if sprayed lavishly and worn is close quarters as well. This is something that I wouldn't wear to work.

At the end of the day, I kind of like it and might be coming around to tuberose. Would I buy this again? Probably not, but I don't regret getting a bottle of it. You don't need to spay a lot on, just a teeny spray to get you through the day. Now if Nuda were brought back, I would be pretty happy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment