Sunday, April 9, 2023

It's Finally Warm Out

Well, it's Easter and I am happy to have the day off. Having an actual holiday off in retail is worth it's weight in gold. Especially after the shit show that I have dealt with the past 2 days at work. It was the whole thing of constant interruptions, too much to do and not enough time to do what I really need to be doing. Now I just need to get myself moving on Easter dinner but that really doesn't need to be started right now.

It's finally warm out and you know what that means? I can have my windows open and start to get going on having some candles lit. Currently, I have a Pink Lavender and Espresso candle going. Since it is going to be warm the whole week, I am hoping that I can finish off that Pink Lavender and Espresso candle and start a couple other ones.

Every time I seem to make progress with my candles, there is a really good sale from Bath and Body Works and I seem to pick up more candles. So it's to the point of where I don't have anymore space for candles and now have to start using them. My hope is to get my candle collection to well under 40. And this is part of the reason on why I haven't bought too many decants in a few years.

Let's think about it, when TPC and STC would have sales, I would load up on decants and it's the same way with candles. I just can't resist a good sale. But I have to start resisting sales with the cost of food going up. Even the price of dog food has gone up. So everything has become a big price comparison. With a nephew turning 2 in May, I'm looking at some gifts to get him. I've made the plan to only get him one gift and it's a good thing that he is going to be 2 and toys are fairly cheap. He's not going to be able to tell if I spent $15 or $25. As long as he has a gift that isn't clothes, I think he will be happy.

Even though Sephora is going to have their spring sale coming up, I am probably going to have to give this a miss too and I am not even mad. Even though Afterpay is awesome, I put a freeze on my account since I was starting to really abuse it. Afterpay is good in it's place but when you start to view it almost like a credit card, it's time to take a break from it. Besides, there isn't a whole lot that I really want from Sephora at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment