Monday, October 30, 2023

Green Perfumes for Fall and Winter

I do not have a whole lot in terms of what is called "green" in perfume. Green can be floral or could be like cut grass or leaves or a few other things in terms of perfume. But there isn't much of a presence of green in perfume.

The greens that I do have fall into two camps. It's either geared for spring and summer or geared more for fall and winter. The long lamented Deneuve in either edt or extrait form is more of the spring/summer type of thing. Chanel no 19 is in the same category. Spring is where the days are getting longer and warmer and full of promise. The days of wearing short sleeves and shorts are either in full swing or just beginning.

Givenchy III and the queen, Mitsouko fall into the fall/winter camp. Where daylight is in short supply and it's either pretty cool out or outright cold. The large decant if the Givenchy III just doesn't give the whole spring/summer vibe when I wear it. Givenchy III gives off more of the late fall/early winter type of vibe. Where most of the leaves have fallen from the trees, it's mostly rainy outside and I would rather just stay indoors. I still wouldn't associate Givenchy III with any kind of fall activity or food. I can associate many of Andy Tauer offerings with state fairs or clam bakes.

Now we get to the queen, Mitsouko. When I do wear Mitsouko, I usually wear the vintage edt or the current edp. I cannot get the current edt to last anymore than an hour or two on skin or clothes, so the current edp it is. I am not spending major amounts of money on something that lasts only an hour or two on skin. The reason that  I have so much of the vintage stuff is the oakmoss. The vintage edt has some staying power that rivals the current edp. I remember someone saying that Mitsouko is like a Tiffany lamp. The light of a Tiffany lamp is muted and gives a soft glow and Mitsouko does the same thing in terms of perfume. 

The reason that I'm really not going to mention Diaghilev is that I only have two dabber samples. The other reason is that the sheer price point for a 100ml is either a full months rent or mortgage payment for a lot of people. Unless you are swimming in fun money, I don't think anyone would really have a bottle. Even with Afterpay, a payment would be most of one of my paychecks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment