Monday, November 6, 2023

More Amouage Exceptional Extraits

 Yesterday, I received an email from Amouage with news of some Exceptional Extraits being released. In some ways, I was hoping that it wasn't Memoir or Lyric. Reason being is that I love Memoir and Lyric is probably my favorite from Amouage. The Exceptional Extraits are things that I really can't afford but this line up is Amouage on steroids. By looking at the pictures of the email, I didn't really think that they would were not releasing Lyric or Memoir yet. The bottle colors didn't match the pictures. If an unexpected $500 to $600 were to drop into my lap, I would still get Epic 53. I was thinking that it was going to be either the women's version of either Jubilation or maybe Dia.

I was partially right and it was the women's version of Dia, called Dia 40. The men's offering was Jubilation 40. In some ways, I was hoping that it would be the women's Jubilation. It took me a long time to understand Jubilation 25 and even longer to fall in love with Jubilation.

I don't think that Amouage has really run out of ideas but I do think that the people at Amouage are trying to garner some more interest. Most of the common folk, like me, are probably not what Amouage has in mind. Us common people, who do not have tons of discretionary spending, might get one bottle a decade. Every business wants to make money but most people are not into perfume and to spend $300 and up on a bottle of perfume doesn't cross the mind of most people. Amouage can set the prices to whatever they want, as their right.

But I still want to get a sample of Dia 40 to try out. Just like I want to get that sample set of the Exceptional Extraits. Maybe next year, after I recovered from Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment