Monday, April 15, 2019

Can't Focus

For the past couple weeks, I haven't been able to truly focus on much of anything. I've been dealing with budget issues. Slow periods at work have meant that I have not been working a whole lot. That means that I might be lucky to have $5 to spend frivolously. There has been a lot of worry about not having health insurance and finding some that I can afford. But things have marginally improved and I now have some kind of health insurance that I can afford. It's stressful when you have a preexisting medical condition that requires medication. Insurance companies either won't cover you or will charge more than you can afford. Obamacare does need work and I do like what Obama tried to do and make health insurance more accessible to me but for a while, it wasn't quite there. So now I have insurance and now I don't have to worry so much.

Yesterday, I finally committed to opening one of those vintage bottles of Shalimar extrait. I was testing it out yesterday and the jury is still out. I did get a whopping dose of Play-Doh/plastic thing. I wonder if the citrus was off. I am going to have to spend more time with it. I did manage to try Kiehl's Original Musk Blend. I remember enjoying it quite a bit but I need to smell it again to give a proper review.

But recently, I have been really wanting my perfumes that are pretty loaded with that skank note. Vintage BaV, vintage Miss Dior, Shalimar, MKK are the ones I have been craving the most. But since I am working a little more, perfume skank just isn't part of it. The skanky perfumes are more or less limited to the pre-shower or bedtime when I need to be at work. So with my collection being kind of limited right now, it seems like I am wearing Chanel no 19 in EDP form more and more often. Any connoisseur of Chanel knows that every concentration of their perfumes smell different. The EDT being the most astringent, the extrait being a green, buttery, carroty iris and the EDP being a soft, green rose. They all smell like no 19 but something different is emphasized in all three. But the EDP is my preferred concentration because I find the EDT too sharp and astringent and the extrait just doesn't seem to be quite my thing. At this point, I think that finishing a bottle or two of no 19 is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment