Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Smell Bent Bohemian Rhapsody Review

I will admit to the fact that I just adore the band, Queen. You just don't hear that kind of musicianship any more and Freddie Mercury was an absolute showman. Most of what comes out today is manufactured crap not worth listening to. But when I found out that there was a perfume called Bohemian Rhapsody, I had to get a decant of it to try.

There don't seem to be many reviews on Bohemian Rhapsody or a lot of talk on the perfume blogs. I did, in a way, to have high hopes for this one. When I first put Bohemian Rhapsody on, there was a huge blast of head shop patchouli. If patchouli is a very minor player in a perfume or just a whisper, I can enjoy it. This patchouli is the kind of patchouli that I do detest. It's loud and in your face. When patchouli is loud or dominant, it seems to be pretty crude. Then comes the incense and I do love incense. But the incense is pretty much drowned out by the patchouli. I do get a CdG Avignon vibe from Bohemian Rhapsody but at the end of the day, I get a cheap ripoff of Avignon. After a while, something just goes sour on me and I can't place what is going sour on me. Bohemian Rhapsody belongs in the '60's to my nose. I think that Freddie Mercury would have worn something a little more musky and something more refined than this.

The lasting power of this one is about 6 hours on my skin and sadly, this won't be in my collection. The funny thing at this point, my mother commented on Bohemian Rhapsody and now wants to try it and I will cough up the decant and if she really enjoys it, it will be a birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment