Saturday, April 18, 2020

Life Suspended

Right now, life is kind of lousy. With family illnesses, some financial drama on top of Covid-19 shutting down everything, I can't catch a break at this point. I made the decision to hold off on getting a new bottle of perfume and just about all frivolous spending. I doesn't mean I won't get myself something nice but even with the stimulus package, I really have to seriously cut back on trivial spending. And I just wrote that sentence as I place an order for 2 Chanel no 5 bar soaps.

But the things that I have ordered at the beginning of the month, haven't even shipped yet. My Gap order that I placed over 12 days ago hasn't even shipped, my dogs' BarkBox has shipped 5 days ago and it's sitting somewhere in Indiana. When I placed my Skyn Iceland order a couple days ago, Ulta had let me know yesterday that with the Covid-19 virus, things are taking longer to ship and when they ship, it's taking longer to get to my house. I know that the stuff I have ordered isn't essential stuff and a couple things are for birthdays in mid-May. But it's the annoyance of so many things. Nobody can really go out and do anything, if you order online, it takes forever to get a damn thing. Even Prime Pantry orders are taking at least two weeks to get to anyone's house. I am pretty sure that the post office, UPS and FedEx employees are feeling the strain of all of this. I am hoping that things get back to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment