Saturday, November 27, 2021

Ralph Lauren Romance Parfum Review

Thanksgiving and Black Friday has come and gone and I am exhausted still. I had an elderly relative that was none to steady on her feet that was constantly up and down and having everyone be a gopher for her. The constant needing someone to get her something and kept the whole family up. I don't know what it is with the elderly, always interfering, constant following and always wanting something to eat and drink. We packed up this elderly person and did take her home today and it's blogging time and time to relax.

I noticed that my email boxed wasn't filled up with Black Friday deals on Friday. In years past, retailers would overload my inbox but I think with the pandemic, they are spreading their deals out more over the weekend. But I noticed that they haven't been very good. I keep hoping that Ulta will have a points multiplier and some better deals on Monday. Maybe Amazon will have some good deals on Monday so I can finish my Christmas shopping and be done with it. I've already spent enough at Bath and Body Works for some stocking stuffers and as always, some candles.

Yesterday, I tried out Ralph Lauren's Romance in parfum form. I got this when Sephora was having their holiday sale and I figured that a travel spray wasn't going to break the bank and if I don't like it, I could give it to my mother. I haven't smelled the original Romance in forever and Romance in parfum form intrigued me. Parfum is usually pretty expensive and when I find parfum for cheap, I have the tendency to pounce on it. I've been wearing tons of no 5 and Coco Mademoiselle recently and I wanted something a little different.

Since it's been so long since I have smelled Romance, I have no memory of it. Romance is definitely a floral perfume and for the longest while, I couldn't place what Romance reminded me of. Eventually, it came to me. Romance was in so many ways like Chamade. Chamade has an oily type of hyacinth that Romance doesn't have. But Romance does have a little bit of an oily feel to it. What keeps Romance from being a total Chamade rip off is that there is a noticeable blackcurrant note that I do rather enjoy. Then I was reminded of Pleasures for women. Yes, it smells like Pleasures and Chamade combined with maybe a little of Au Coeur en Mai. I found that projection and lasting power were alright and I am alright with that. Not everything has to be fabulous. I find Romance parfum to be pretty good and worth having the travel spray at least
 

No comments:

Post a Comment