Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Rien by Etat Libre d'0range

So my parents are leaving for their vacation tomorrow and they booked a really early flight out. After reminding my mother for the better part of 3 or 4 days, to start getting ready packing wise, she is now panicking. You've known about this trip for at least 2 weeks and now it's come down to the wire. All in all, I can't wait for them to leave. Most of the groceries that I need have been bought and I just need to get milk and some dog food. I am looking forward to having an empty house and then I can burn all the candles that I want and which ones that I want with nobody complaining. But let's get to doing a review since I haven't done one in quite a while.

A couple days ago, I decided to take Rien by Etate Libre d'Orange for a spin. Let's just say that this is not my thing. There is something about it that just doesn't agree with me. Some have pegged this as a chypre, some as an amber perfume. I do have a great liking to the point of love with chypres and a dislike for amber perfumes. My nose says that this is more of an amber. I get the rose, I smell the incense, tons of patchouli and an overload of amber. But one of the things that I am picking up on is some kind of coconut vibe and I have no idea where that is coming from. All that I can say is that it just doesn't work for me because it smells like an amber mess on my skin. I will admit that I just don't like this one and I am hoping that I can like one perfume from the Etat Libre d'Orange line and I'm hoping that I will like Jasmin Et Cigarette.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment