Thursday, April 7, 2022

That Was Fast

 The Sephora sale has come and gone for me. First day of the sale, I did nab that bottle of Coco Mademoiselle Intense and the Dolce Gabbanna Light Blue Intense. Yesterday was just the original Chanel Chance.

I've never been a big fan of Light Blue or Dolce Gabbana. There is something about that whole line up that just annoys me. I don't know why I get so damned annoyed with Light Blue. You know what, I do know why I don't like Light Blue or anything done by Dolce Gabbana. Everyone seems to wear Light Blue or something else from Dolce Gabbana. The only reason I had gotten a bottle of the Light Blue Intense is because my mother adores the Dolce Gabbana crap and her birthday is in May, so why not just get a bottle and call it a day. I will probably pick up a couple things to add to her gift.

This seemed to be the first sale I participated in where almost everything was sold out and I was happy to nab what I wanted. In years past, by the time that the sale happened for me, just about everything was sold out or going really fast. I have to remember that we are coming out of a pandemic and people don't have the means to really participate in the sale or they lost their VIB or Rouge status. Don't get me wrong, a 10% off your order at Sephora is still pretty good but not as good as 15% or 20% off. But I do have to remember that people might not quite have the means like they used to. There doesn't seem to be any kind of line that released something that everybody was itching to get their hands on. Just like a few years ago, Urban Decay had released their Game of Thrones stuff and everything was sold out at Sephora. Managed to get one of the Game of Thrones lipsticks at Ulta. I wasn't looking to get a ton of it, just a lipstick.

So all that saving and all those gift cards went pretty quick. But there wasn't a whole lot that I truly wanted though. So it's going to be a long while before I can get anymore perfume that isn't a gift. I'm kind of relieved that it's over for me with this sale but it might be different when their fall sale comes around. I shall see what the finances look like for that sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment