Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Getting Older

I made it through this year's 2nd Prime Day event without spending a dime. Ever since the pandemic, Prime Day deals haven't been that great, so it's money saved. Even though Sephora is having their fall sale coming up, I am not so interested. The only sale that excites me at this point is Candle Day at Bath and Body Works but I do wonder what the price will be when that happens in December. I am hoping that it will be a good deal. I am also waiting for some stars to align to nab a bottle of Gris Charnel but haven't really decided to get a bottle of the extrait or the EDP.

I just recently had my 40th birthday. The whole number thing isn't bothering me but needing all those different types of tests do. I had to get my first mammogram today. The test itself wasn't too bad but now I am dealing with some soreness. I'm thinking that some ibuprofen and a good night's sleep will do me good. I do have to get a colonoscopy but I am going to hold off on that right now. I am not exactly game for what comes before the test itself.

My biggest gripes about getting older is the state of my skin. I've noticed that the lotions and creams don't seem to be working as well as they have in the past. During the summer, I used the Skyn Iceland cloud cream and the face wash and in the winter, I used the Clinique Moisture Surge. But those don't seem to be cutting it anymore, no moisturizer is anymore and my skin is starting to look like garbage. My skin has always been dry but this nonsense is ridiculous. And don't get me started on the GI stuff, I'm not a fan of the whole heartburn thing. Things that have never bothered me before are starting to bother me. What is it about turning 40 that makes your body turn against you?

No comments:

Post a Comment