Thursday, September 29, 2022

You Know Those Promises

You know that you make certain promises with every intention of keeping but end up breaking those promises? I do that on a regular basis when it comes to candles.

Bath and Body Works seems to always have some kind of candle deal going on year round. I keep making vows that I won't bring home any candles but something always makes me acquire more. I've used up quite a few candles and have bought fewer candles this year. This year, I managed to use up quite a few Honeycrisp Apple ones and not add more Honeycrisp Apple to my collection.

At this point, Bath and Body Works is starting to roll out their winter stuff, I saw my favorite called Winter has been released. With a $30 gift card and a sale, I had to get 2 Winter. I'm waiting to see if they are going to release the Evergreen candle. Fresh Balsam can be nice and all but it's too potent.

In the past couple years, I have noticed something with the Bath and Body Works candles. When they would release seasonal offerings, they would have them in both 3 wick and single wick form and I really haven't seen that too often and I am seeing more and more seasonal offerings being listed as online exclusives. I do find that to be a little odd for some reason. When I do get a chance to go into a Bath and Body Works store, the staff will usually tell me what are the most popular seasonal candles are. At my local one they said that they have a hard time keeping the Honeycrisp Apple and Apple Weather on the shelves in the fall. Apple Weather is an online exclusive and Winter is too.

What I've also noticed is the packaging has changed from being just plain frosted glass to having some minimal decorations to having some serious decorations. For many years, I have enjoyed the plain frosted glass and the occasional minimal decorations on the glass but I do dislike all the flashy decorations on the candles. I've seen too many pictures on Twitter about the glass breaking because of the plastic decorations on the outside. I'm a huge fan of having minimal looking decorations and less chance of having a lit candle burning down my house.

I just wish that I could conjure up the ability to not bring home anymore candles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment