Friday, September 16, 2022

Best Laid Plans

Initially for my vacation, some rough plans were made for the art museum and going to the Mansfield State Reformatory museum but those plans haven't materialized.

For some reason, a bathroom pipe had burst and we have been dealing with that since Wednesday. It's been nothing but really loud dehumidifiers going round the clock since Wednesday. The kitchen isn't really usable and we are down a bathroom. We are hoping to have those things out of the house tomorrow. It's not just the kitchen that we can't use, it most of the house because of the noise. Some people have been checking every morning since Thursday to see if the dehumidifiers can be taken out and it's been a not quite there yet. Today was the day that the air conditioner was turned on to see if we can take even more humidity and have those dehumidifiers gone by tomorrow.

There is nothing like having to go through everything in your bathroom to see what could really be saved. I did lose some nail polish and a few eye shadow pallets. I'm not really upset about this because I do have enough eye shadow and nail polish with or without what I lost. This gave me the opportunity to really clean out and throw away stuff that was either too old to be used or something that I was never really going to be used. Now I am just looking at a bunch of stuff from my bathroom that's now in my bedroom. So if the dehumidifiers go tomorrow, I can  move some of that back into the bathroom. I'm just tired of not having this be in their place, not being able to watch a lot of things on television due to the noise.

On the candle front, I have finished 5 candles, had 2 that wouldn't stay lit and I have a 3 wick Apple Weather going right now. I've picked out 2 Midnight Snow candles picked out for the next ones to be used. I am still working on creating even more space and still seeing what kind of cash I can save for Candle Day.

Part of me still wants that full bottle of Gris Charnel for my birthday but even with Afterpay, it's not in the cards for me. The pandemic and inflation have made it impossible to justify a new bottle of perfume. Groceries and paying bills are a little more important and I do think that some of those travel sprays were a little excessive. Do I regret the travel spray purchases? A little bit and I am looking to make a job change so I can have some breathing room in the budget and eventually get that bottle of Gris Charnel. The saving grace to me right now that Christmas shopping is 95% done and I won't need to go out and get a whole lot when the time comes for Christmas shopping.

The good thing is that there might be an Ulta trip in store for me tomorrow. I have a birthday coupon and a gift card to use and I would rather just go to my local Ulta and actually pick it out. That gives me the chance to browse and not have to wait around for anything to get to my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment