Sunday, September 25, 2022

Fall and Eau de Hongrie Review

Fall is definitely here in Ohio. Pumpkin spice is here (I despise anything pumpkin spice), the days are shorter, temps are lower and the grilling season is just about done. We might get one last blast of summer in October but I am not holding my breath for it.

Now since fall has pretty much arrived, that means with the cooler temperatures, the windows are now closed. That means that I am not burning candles two at a time. I now can only burn one at a time. I've thinned out quite a bit of my candle collection and when Candle Day arrives, a good chunk of my collection will be used up. Lets hope that I won't be entirely out of candles when that happens.

For the longest time, I held off on buying Ginestet Botryis and when I got around to wanting to buy a bottle, I found out that Botryis was discontinued years ago and I was bummed out. The closest thing that I had to Botryis was Viktoria Minya's Hedonist. Now that's changed to Eau de Hongrie.

I had gotten the Viktoria Minya sample set from Luckyscent earlier this year. I mainly wanted it because I couldn't find Eau de Hongrie on STC or TPC. And for the life of me, I can't quite remember what Hedonist Rose smells like either. So now I'm getting around to the Viktoria Minya sample set and I am test driving Eau de Hongrie.

Hongrie is more of a boozy type of honey but the booze isn't harsh, nor is it overpowering but definitely there. The honey is a dominant note too but not the sickly sweet type of honey. Sickly sweet perfume can be pretty gross and Hongrie gets close to the edge without going over to the edge. I do get flowers in the background but booze and honey are the main attractions to the whole thing. Hongrie is the one that smells the closest to Hedonist in terms of smell. Hedonist is Hongrie's big sister.

If you are mourning the loss of Botryis or like me, didn't get a bottle of it when you got the chance, Eau de Hongrie is more than acceptable replacement. I get a staying power of 6 or 7 hours and Hongrie is one of those that doesn't beat you over the head with anything. Hongrie is a smooth perfume. No harsh notes or angles.

I do believe that I would get a bottle, eventually. I am thinking that any kind of full bottle buying is going to have to wait until next year at least. But I wouldn't mind a bottle if it fell into my lap.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment