Friday, January 26, 2024

Gris Charnel Extrait Updated

Back in April or May, I did a review on the extrait version of Gris Charnel. At that time, I had just a little dabber sample and the full bottle version is a spray. Now that I have a spray decant of it, I can review it a little better.

There is a bigger depth and richness in the extrait version. I will make a note that the fig seems to be kind of buried in other things like vanilla and there isn't that kind of mouthfeel that I am familiar with in the original Gris Charnel. The extrait version is pretty intense and lasts a good long time on skin. But I think that getting a bottle of Gris Charnel extrait is going to be a purchase for late this year or maybe even next year and I will tell you why.

Sometime between May and today, there was some kind of price hike for the extrait version. The original price for the extrait was $280 and now the price has been jacked up to $305. It might be a $25 price increase but a $25 price increase for a bottle of perfume can mean the difference on if I will get it or not, even with Afterpay. So a Gris Charnel extrait bottle is not in the cards right now. But I have a couple other ideas on what can replace the Gris Charnel extrait. Maybe the Phi Une Rose Kandahar from Andy Tauer and the Eau de Hongarie from Viktoria Minya would probably work. I am holding off on getting any kind of perfume right now but come February, that might be a little bit of a different story.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment