Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Coty Sand and Sable Review

No more than a month back, Tom and someone else over at Perfume Posse was talking about Coty's Sand and Sable. Coty is probably the most prolific perfume house out there. It seems like every celebrity who wants to make a perfume goes pretty much through Coty. Even when they aren't doing a celebrity scent, they will release perfumes like Sand and Sable.

Coty must take Estee Lauder's advice of perfume should be an everyday luxury to an extreme. Just about every Coty perfume that I have ever seen has been dirt cheap and Sand and Sable is not exception.

When Tom mentioned that he got his bottle for next to nothing, I bopped over to Fragrancenet and Sand and Sable cost next to nothing for a little over a third of an ounce. The price point amazed me and I figured, how bad can it really be? I already had a Lolita Lempicka travel spray in my cart. So I got them and waited for them to show up on my doorstep. Did you know that Fragrancenet now has some kind of rewards program going on? I did know about it last year when they launched it but promptly forgot about it. I hardly shop at Fragrancenet anymore and never really shopped there to begin with. I have gotten more mileage with the rewards system at Ulta and even Sephora. If Luckyscent offered a rewards program and years ago, I might have started to shop there more consistently.

I wasn't expecting too much out of Sand and Sable. By the notes, it sounded like it was going to be a big white floral vibe going on. Truth be told, it isn't as big as I thought it would be. I do see gardenia listed as a note but a serious perfume snob is going to know that there is isn't any real gardenia in perfume just like there isn't any real lilac in En Passant. But there it is, something that kind of smells like gardenia but I am mostly smelling tuberose and this tuberose isn't cloying like Fracas  Tuberose can be a tough note to love because it can be suffocating. This tuberose smelled beachy and there was a sunscreen note to this one. I did smell a little bit of jasmine in there along with a hint of musk. For a cologne, the longevity was pretty good and I don't think that it was a heavy or dense perfume. It would be heavy and dense if I over applied Sand and Sable. The bottle that Sand and Sable comes in is incredibly plain and if I was vaguely looking at the perfume counter at CVS or any drugstore, I wouldn't have looked twice at it or picked up on it at all. I think that the third of an ounce that I do have is more than enough for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment