Thursday, February 29, 2024

More First World Problems

 It looks like Chanel has raised their prices, again. I know this is a first world problem but it seems like three or four months ago, they jacked up their prices. The regular lineup (no 5, no 19, Coco etc) is at least $10 more but the Les Exclusifs line is a different matter.

Chanel's Les Exclusif line started out as 6.8 ounces of the EDT for only $200. Twelve years ago, that was a bargain but that has changed. But lots has changed with the Les Exclusifs line. Now they offer a 2.5 ounce size, the line has expanded, EDT to EDP changes and some have a parfum version. In those twelve years, the prices have gone up. Back in March of2021, I had bought the Coromandel EDP and the cost was $200 for a 2.5 ounce bottle. Then in December of that year I had bought the parfum version of Coromandel for $240. The price of Coromandel parfum will set you back $305 for a half an ounce. The EDP of Coromandel will cost you $325 for a 2.5 ounce bottle and a 6.8 ounce bottle runs at $500. And that means that I won't be getting any of the Les Exclusifs line any time soon or any Chanel perfume for quite a while. I do wonder if Chanel wants to compete with Amouage in price. Amouage has always been expensive from the get go but the quality has always been there. The quality of Chanel can't compete with Amouage.

I do own quite a bit of both Chanel and Amouage and there are ways I can get bottles of Amouage for less. I can get an Amouage offering for less on Fragrancenet or Beautyencounter but Chanel keeps a vice like grip on who can and who cannot sell their stuff. But I think that Chanel has gotten greedy and at this point, I won't be getting anymore Chanel perfumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment