Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Bath and Body Works Lavender Iris Review

Way back when, I was a huge Bath and Body Works fan girl. This is back when minimum wage was only $4.95 an hour. And this is when I was 14 and was starting out in the working world. So 18 hours a week at $4.95 per hour isn't a whole lot of cash today but at 14, it was a lot of money. Granted, even then, I knew that I couldn't buy a whole lot. So Bath and Body Works was my go to in terms of anything perfume for the most part. For $25, I could get matching soap, lotion and body spray and this was in the mid to late 90's and that was a bargain. Now Bath and Body Works has gotten pretty pricey and maybe a little too big for it's britches. The quality has gradually gone down and the prices has gone up. Eventually, I had to start paying for college and my expenses had gone up. When that happened, I didn't have the extra cash for Bath and Body Works and I eventually forgot about Bath and Body Works and perfume in general.

Candles did reignite my Bath and Body Works interest and have started to explore the bath stuff again. I became fixated on the aromatherapy line and saw the Lavender Iris line up and had to try it. I haven't broken into the body wash and lotion yet but decided to give the essential oil stuff a go.

This essential oil mist is sold as a multi purpose type of thing. You can spray it on clothes, bedding and on skin and I decided to wear it as perfume. I will say that the biggest note from start to finish was lavender and it was especially huge in the beginning. I kept waiting and waiting for the iris to show up and the faintest whisper of iris did show up. The iris that I am used to is what is in Infusion d'Iris, no 19 and Iris Silver Mist. No 19 and Iris Silver Mist is a carroty, root like type of iris and Infusion d'Iris is more of the higher class type of iris. There was a review somewhere that said that Lavender Iris was like Prada's Infusion d'Iris and truth be told, I am not smelling any resemblance to it. I almost got a Jicky type of vibe to Lavender Iris. I know that it is something from Bath and Body Works is not exactly high end stuff but for the price point and brand, I kind of do expect something a little better put together. This is pretty much a glorified room spray trying to masquerade as a perfume. Until they bring back Milk and Honey, Gardenia Lily or Night Blooming Jasmine, I will stick to the candles.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment