Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Bath and Body Works Bridgerton Collection

 Does anyone remember when Urban Decay did a release of Game of Thrones makeup? I do. The only thing that I was interested in was the lipstick part of that line up. There were a couple shades of lipstick that I really wanted but everything with that lineup was sold out at Sephora but I managed to nab the last White Walker lipstick. Sadly, I wasn't able to score more of the lipsticks from that line. In the past 5 years, it seems like makeup companies are hopping on the whole whatever is hot at the moment and let's do a collaboration type of thing.

I don't ever recall Bath and Body Works doing something like this. Granted, I started getting back into Bath and Body Works in 2019 and their Candle Day was going on. I would have thought that they would have tried some of that a little earlier. Say when Downton Abbey was going on or maybe Lord of the Rings or even Star Wars. It looks like the first foray into this whole thing is Bridgerton. When I went to Bath and Body Works on Sunday, there wasn't any kind of hint of this lineup at my store. I have heard that other stores having some of the collection. I think that they were focusing on the 40% off promo that they had going on. Yes, I did partake in the sale but only bought 1 candle. I hardly ever set foot in a Bath and Body Works brick and mortar store and I was a little disappointed that there wasn't even 1 candle of the Bridgerton line for me to smell. Diamond of the Season was already online and being sold. When I came home on Sunday, I realized that I had a free reward that I wanted to use. So I used that reward today to at least try the Diamond of the Season single wick candle. Even though I did the but 2 for $24, I didn't get the Diamond candle for free. Probably because the candle without the deal is almost $20 per candle.

But the biggest shock for me with the whole Bridgerton lineup is the price. Bath and Body Works candles are expensive enough as it is but in a lot of ways, this is pretty telling. If Bath and Body Works is going to keep doing collaborations, it's going to be pretty pricey, even for one thing. A 3 wick will run you a little over $30 and I refuse to pay anything over $14 for a single candle. With how many Bath and Body Works candles get released in a season, some of the pricing for a little extra decoration on the label is a little out there. I am already down and out financially and using up my gift card stash for gifts or to replace things that I use on the regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment