Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Hard Decision

Today, I had to make a very hard decision to declare bankruptcy. I am meeting with a lawyer to discuss the next few steps tomorrow morning. 

This step was probably a year in the making but for a good year, I pretty much stuck my head in the stand but with some things being as they are, I can't afford to put off this next step any longer. My mental health has really been struggling these past few months. I've been agonizing over this decision for a couple months. I can't take the constant phone calls and all kinds of threats anymore. I am still trying to make this a better year for myself and it's still questionable at this point. This means that I am probably won't be buying much of anything outside of bare bones basics for at least 4 months. Any full bottle purchases are on hold.

I have always struggled with autism and mental health and one of my biggest downfalls is overspending and executive functioning. Most of the time, I can only think a week ahead of time, two if I am lucky. If something is a month away and I need to save $200, it never happens. Ulta or Bath and Body Works is having a fabulous sale, I'm spending money. I will spend money on things that I don't need but yet don't have the money for the things that I need, like paying my cellphone bill or groceries. I am trying to make some changes now but for the next few months, there will be more drastic changes but I don't know what they will be. Quite frankly, at this point, I'm scared. The only things I own that people might be interested in would be my candles, perfume and maybe some jewelry. Okay, the only thing people might be interested in is the jewelry but I don't have much of that. I don't have anything in terms of assets but the fact remains is that filing bankruptcy scares the shit out of me. I am wondering on what I will be able to do and not do during the whole process.

I still intend to blog about perfume and many things but I might not be blogging a whole lot. Or my blog might take a different direction.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment