Friday, May 17, 2024

Hempz Lotion

 It's rare that I deviate from unscented lotions. With my perfume collection as it is, I don't want my lotion to be scented. I do have scented lotions from Chanel and Amouage but those are not my day to day kind of lotion. I usually use the Cereve lotion but I was running out of that but found a small bottle of the Hempz Age Defying Peptides and Caffine lotion. So in that went to what is left of the Cereve bottle. I like to eek out everything that I can with soaps and lotion.

The first time that I went to use the lotion, I was a little puzzled. I have never tried any of the Hempz products and didn't think that there would be a smell. But there is a smell and I was thrown off by it. The age defying lotion has a musky kind of smell. The smell reminded me of MKK's last hurrah before it leaves my skin for good or the base of Tigress Musk. I will admit that I had to laugh though. Are lotion companies trying to make their suppoesedly unscented things smell more like perfume without being perfume? I have had some lotions that did smell good but the smell faded after about 10 minutes and then I could put on perfume. But the smell to this one just does not fade, there is a lingering musk note. It's a little on the dirty side. I can see myself pairing this with MKK, Tigress Musk or vintage BaV. I am not so sure if it would work so well with Shalimar but will work with any kind of not so clean musk note.

Part of me wants to purchase this again but another part doesn't. I am working on trying to use things up and not buy so much stuff. I still have a ton of Drunk Elephant lotions and soaps that I want to use up and a couple Amouage lotions that I want to use as well. I more of want to have more space in general and a little more money in my bank account at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment