Sunday, May 12, 2024

Moving More Things Around and Chergui

Today is the first day of my first vacation of the year. It just so happens that it is Mothers Day in the US. As the years have gone on, my mother hasn't wanted to make a big deal out of Mothers Day. Probably because her birthday is always a week or a week and a half away, depending on when Mothers Day is. It might have served a purpose when my sister and I were younger. But since my sister and I are adults and my sister is in California with her 4 kids, getting together takes a whole lot of work.

So today was spent moving even more bedroom furniture. It was mainly to get that tall dresser into my bedroom since my bedroom was freshly painted a few days ago. Just have to get that other dresser into my bedroom so I can really put my back together. This would mean that I could have things better organized. What I really want is to have more options of perfume because I don't have enough space. What is currently on the tall dresser is a TV, so there is no real space there to put anything else. I probably could but it would probably get lost. I would like to get some candles moved back into my room because I had a designated spot for a lit candle. My new nightstand has been designated to a lamp and the few bottles of perfume I managed to get to.

While I was replacing the old nightstand with the old one, I found my bottle of Chergui. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out where it went to. Chergui was one of my first Serge Lutens offerings that I did buy. The bottle I have, doesn't have the new label design. I had initially planned on Ubar today but since I have found Chergui, I am wearing that today. Chergui is probably one of the easiest Serge Lutens offerings to understand or like outside Un Bois Vanille. Un Bois Vanille is still on my to buy list but I cannot go out to buy any full bottles. I would be pretty happy if Ulta started selling some of the Serge Lutens line. The reason I wish that would happen is that I have $130 in Ulta rewards points and it would make a Serge Lutens purchase viable. I wouldn't be asking for the bell jars, that wouldn't be quite Ulta's vibe. The bell jars would be more of Sephora's vibe because Sephora is pretty expensive in general.

I am hoping that since the zoo is free on Monday (tomorrow) that we actually get a chance to go. Maybe the art museum would be a good pick for this week. I am hoping that we can do something besides sit around or home improvement projects.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment