Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Of Discontinued Things

The past couple days, it seems like I have gotten into some pretty big discussions of Now Smell This. On Sunday, on the Lazy Day weekend thread, I was discussing Call the Midwife with others who also enjoy Call the Midwife. I was happy to know that there were a few people that did agree with me on the past two seasons were not that great. Too many cast changes, the Chummy story line isn't really finished up and a few other things. But the one yesterday sent me into a little bit of a panic.

Ever since Andy Tauer came out with Noontide Petals back in 2013, I have really enjoyed wearing it but I still never wore it a lot until the past couple weeks. When I had started poking around Andy Tauer's site when I had noticed something. I had known that the travel set was not being sold. I figured that it might have been a supply issue or something that was offered only once a year. I noticed that Noontide Petals wasn't being sold on Andy Tauer's website. Initially, I thought that it must have been sold out. When another poster on NST was talking about the travel set, I made a mention of contacting Tauer Perfumes and that I couldn't find Noontide Petals being sold on Tauer perfumes. Someone did ask about the travel set and Mr. Tauer had said that the travel sets were discontinued due to it being cost prohibitive. Another poster said that she found out April of last year, that Noontide Petals was discontinued. I can't exactly remember how they found out but it was by accident. I found a legit bottle on Amazon after asking the people on NST if the seller was legit. I didn't go to Luckyscent because I wasn't exactly willing to pay full price and did have a credit on my Amazon account. So now I have a back up bottle of Noontide Petals.

I always seem a little sad when perfumes that I really enjoy, get discontinued. But it's far worse if I test something, love it and find that it was discontinued years ago. Noontide Petals probably wasn't a huge seller in the long term to justify keeping it in the line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment