Monday, January 28, 2019

Indult Tihota Review

The past couple weeks, I have been doing quite a bit of window shopping and debating. After the initial panic of not having a backup bottle of Noontide Petals (still gunning for another backup bottle though), I have been considering getting one of Andy Tauer's candles to try out. But while I was poking around his site and Luckyscent, it seems that I have discovered another discontinuation. It comes in the form of Eau D'Epices. I don't see it on his website nor Luckyscent. Eau D'Epices was something that I picked out when I was putting together that 15ml travel set. I don't wear it much and definitely haven't reviewed it. The few times that I have worn it. I found it strange and a little difficult to wear. It's always sad when a perfume gets discontinued and Tauer perfumes don't get discontinued often. Eau D'Epices probably wasn't a big seller from the get go and got the axe.

I am going through a phase of not being able to pick anything out of my full bottle collection to wear. Everything seemed to annoy me or should I say, excite me. I had figured that I probably really needed to pull something new out and wear it. I came away with Indult Tihota.

I'm not the biggest fan of vanilla but do love a few of them. My vanillas do have to be the inedible kind, not the cupcake kind. I am not a fan of smelling edible. Tihota has always been on of those vanillas that I had to test out but the price of a decant had always bugged me a little but when a 15% or 20% off from either STC or TPC came in, I grabbed a decant. And it's a good thing to, the price of a full bottle kind of scares me and I can spring for a full bottle on a whim.

Tihota starts out as straight up vanilla extract and a very alcoholly one at that. I'm not talking a nice alcohol type smell like I get in, I don't know, Frapin 1270 but straight up cheap vodka. Tihota in the earliest stage was almost a scrubber for me. When the alcohol faded, I got a cross between creme brulee and vanilla ice cream. With that, I got a little annoyed and relieved. Relieved in the sense that I didn't spring for a full bottle with out trying it, annoyed in the way of it smelled the way it did. Tihota tried to save itself by making it lean to the inedible. It's the frosted yellow cupcake that has been sitting out for the better part of 4 days and is now fairly stale. Or that bowl of vanilla ice cream that's now melted and pretty much room temperature. I want my vanilla to be burnt like Guerlain's SDV. I was just not amused and really not impressed with something that seems to have almost cult like status in terms of vanilla perfumes. Tihota is pretty tenacious with 10 hours on my skin. I doubt that I will be buying Tihota any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment