Thursday, March 12, 2020

Blast from the Past

It's incredibly rare at this point for me to get a full bottle of anything. You have no idea how excited I was to order that travel set of Chanel no 5 in January and then a couple weeks ago, Coco Mademoiselle and now Estee Lauder Pleasures. Just afford those three in the past three months is amazing. Were they niche? No but getting solely niche isn't that important to me anymore. But to imagine to get this blast from the past. The original Estee Lauder Pleasures.

When I was in high school, Estee Lauder Pleasures came out, well a year before I hit high school. I fell in love at first sniff. When I got my first job in high school, there wasn't such a thing as online shopping, all the money I made went into a savings account that I couldn't access without a parental signature. Most of the time, this was out of my price range, so I waited for birthdays and Christmas to get a bottle or two. Most of the time, I wore Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon because it was cheap and I a little more access to a store.

For a few years, or quite a few, I wasn't in the habit of wearing perfume. I used up what I had and never really bothered to replace anything. Then Cuir de Russie came along and perfume wearing was back. But I still didn't get a bottle of Pleasures until about a week ago. It's dirt cheap at this point since it's been out since 1995 and has spawned a few flankers. I have never tried any of the flankers and have had no desire to.

I had debated for probably a minute on what size bottle to get, just a minute. The 3.4 ounce bottle would be overkill for me a 1.7 ounce probably would have been too much. Then I saw a 5 ounce bottle. If Pleasures was my only perfume, a 5 ounce bottle would have been great, so the one ounce bottle was the perfect size since I don't want large sizes of anything anymore. Pleasures smells basically just like I remembered, a dewy floral thing. Maybe a little or a lot louder than I remember (will probably wear soon to find out) and the dry down seems to be marginally different than I remember. But it's still the same from what I remember.

1 comment:

  1. I smelled this on a magazine scent strip and bought it immediately when it became available at my local dept store.
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete