Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Home Smells

My latest thing is buying up candles and plug in home scents. For a long while, I have never been a candle person, let alone used plug ins.

For the past couple years, I have bought up a bunch of candles and now have started to use them. I am very specific about how my candles smell. I am not like my aunt who gets huge candles and goes through one a week. My aunt is very specific about her candles though. It seems like she doesn't care so much about the scent of the candle but how it matches her decor. It has to be either blue grey and maybe some green. I don't care so much about the look of the candle. I don't give too much of a shit if it's pink, blue, purple, red, orange but I care about how the candle smells. I'm not a huge fan of candles that are too sweet, tropical smelling or smell really artificial.

Candles serve a very functional purpose in my house. We do lose power quite often, since I live in a rural area. So candles are a must in my household but I still never burned them on a regular basis except mostly in the winter. When the power goes out in the evening, I need light. When it's winter out, candles are for light and heat.

Now my candles are much more than just functional, candles in general are not so much for function but ambiance. I am a huge fan of some of the Bath and Body Works candles. My favorites are Winter, Frozen Lake, Lilac and the straight up apple ones. It's funny how for so long I have turned my nose up at Bath and Body Works. In some ways, they have gone down hill. Pricing, discontinuing a lot of things, some things like "retired" stuff is only sold on their website. But this year's spring offerings are not that great. Many are too sweet and loud and just don't smell that good. I think that the lilac one and the rose and ivy are the best smelling ones.

I am gotten into use those plug in things because I don't always want a candle burning (I have dogs that do like to counter surf and I don't want to be babysitting the candle to make sure the house doesn't burn down). I have loaded up on some refills but have to keep reminding myself to change the damn things every 30 to 45 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment