Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Boy Smells Hinoki Fantome Review

My final vacation of 2022 is over and now it's back to reality. I only managed to use 2 candles that week and only review one perfume. The only good thing that came out of that week was the fact that I managed to finish my Christmas shopping but now I'm waiting for the last few things to arrive. I'm hoping that I won't have one of those people that I either forgot about or popped up.

With what the weather people are talking about, I am expecting some wonky weather in the next week or two. So yes, I am happy that I've stocked up on candles. I have 2 more candles from Candle Day on the way. I was a little bummed when one of my candles came with the glass cracked. Since Bath and Body Works didn't have that particular candle in stock in their warehouse, I was issued a refund. I was kind of hoping that I would have the option of either a refund or if there was another candle that I would like. I don't have too many opportunities to go to an actual Bath and Body Works store and making a trip that I didn't need to make wasn't really an option. 

I actually managed to test something new last night and that something new was Boy Smells Hinoki Fantome. It was cheap enough when I nabbed a travel spray from Sephora's fall sale. The notes looked like something that would be a CdG Kyoto dupe. All I got was a poor imitation of Chanel's Sycomore or a half assed  CdG Kyoto. Let's just say that I was not amused. It was like Hinoki Fantome was either trying to be a dupe of both or just a dupe of one. Hinoki Fantome just seems like something that has been badly made. I will admit that you don't smell a perfume that is heavy on vetiver or woody notes. You don't smell too many incense dominant perfumes and this is no reason to just screw around and hope people like this one. This is a nope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment