Saturday, December 10, 2022

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 EDP Review

Off and on for a while, I've wanted  to get my hands on Baccarat Rouge 540. It was never a pressing thing for me to go and nab a sample. When I saw that Luckyscent had a Maison Francis Kurkdjian sample set that included Baccarat Rouge 540 in edp and extrait form, I jumped at the chance. I love sample sets. Sample sets allow me to try an entire line or most of a line. I always hope that there is at least one or two that I really like or love.

Baccarat Rouge 540 seems to have been a cult classic ever since it's been released in 2014. Everyone seems to have either raved about it or is raving about it, so my hopes were kind of high for this one.

I'm not so sure what exactly what I was expecting but I was hoping that one of two things were going to happen. Either the clouds were going to part and the angels were starting to sing or I would just fall in love. Well, it wasn't either one of those. I got something that smelled like perfumed dust that was maybe trying to go the Feminite du Bois route. I couldn't really pick out any one note but I was reminded of Feminite du Bois. But I did notice that this did smell like a more expensive smelling perfumed dust. For something that has more of an Amouage price tag, I did expect something that would be a little bit more impressive. Let's hope when I work my way through the sample set, I will find something that I enjoy but 540 in the edp form isn't for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment