Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Coco Mademoiselle and Flankers

 This new blogger still won't let me upload pictures off of my computer and still just don't feel like messing with the settings to slap a picture for this post. The only pictures that will show up are the ones that I've already used on Blogger.

A rough idea about flankers has been floating in my mind for a few days now but couldn't come up with any kind of concrete ways to blog on it. Most of the time, I hate the idea of flankers for perfume. Flankers are probably a form of laziness. The flanker idea basically sounds like that a perfumer wants to create a perfume but doesn't want to be bothered to try to create something new. So they go with what is one of any houses bestsellers and creates a flanker. Hey, why not? Most of the work has been done anyway and just do a little tweaking somewhere and you got a flanker.

For years, I didn't like Coco Mademoiselle. At first, it was that everyone seemed to be wearing it, then it was the patchouli and annoyed the crap out of me. I tried it again earlier this year and I actually really enjoyed it. I have only tried the EDP but would like to get my hands on the parfum to try.

But it seems like yesterday that Chanel released Coco Mademoiselle Intense and now Chanel has released L'Eau Privee eau Pour la Nuit. I haven't even tried the intense version let alone the L'Eau Privee. I don't really get to the mall too often so I haven't been able to try them and Chanel has really cracked down on the decanters. I am still annoyed with Chanel on that one. I want to test a perfume for a couple days or more before springing for a new bottle of anything. Hopefully, I will get to try these out and before, I don't know, Christmas. If I do, maybe I can sweet talk a sales person into giving me a sample or two to test out at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment