Sunday, September 27, 2020

Too Many Things to Worry About

 

We are pretty close to September being over and Christmas is a little over 3 months away. The reason why I am mentioning Christmas is that I was at Costco, what, almost 2 weeks ago and saw that Costco had some of their Christmas stuff out.

I normally start Christmas shopping in, I don't know, late October but I started a little earlier this year. Ever since the pandemic started, I have been trying to spend less and it's been pretty difficult to do. With a Jake going to the vet in a couple weeks, I really have to scale back. Plus Jake needs a prescription filled around that time, scaling back is even more important. Every thing that I spend has to be really thought about, So no frivolous spending at all, groceries have to be bare bones. I'm not so worried about the cost of a vet visit but the cost of his medication, even with GoodRX. If that means I have to miss out on a STC or TPC sale, so be it.

When you work retail, you don't make a whole lot of money. So every penny has to be carefully budgeted and I mostly gave up on the 2nd stimulus package. Yes, another $1,200 in my bank account would help me immensely but I'm not holding my breath. I have $30 for Candle Day and some sitting on my Amazon account but I am trying to pretty much prepay as much as I can, when I can. I am trying to bank as many Ulta and Sephora rewards as I can. I'm banking those just in case as well as any credit card rewards to make sure that I can get everyone something.

But I have gotten some gifts already but I never want to wait until I am under the gun so that is why I am trying to kind of prepay in the form of gift cards. The only rewards that I have seriously made progress on was Ulta but I am still only half way to what I was last year with the points but I can't do a spending spree at this point, have to wait until the serious deals start coming out and I hear from a couple people on Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment